The earliest traces of jewelry can be traced to the civilizations that bloomed in the Mediterranean and what is now called Iran around 3,000 to 400 BC. Many of these amulets and seals carried spiritual meanings, stars, and floral designs. Jewelry was offered to the gods and was used to dress up statues.
- More than a mere fashion statement, men’s jewelry, including bracelets, have been worn throughout history to communicate cultural, religious, and social beliefs.
- Jewellery in the Pacific, with the exception of Australia, is worn to be a symbol of either fertility or power.
- Changing social conditions and the onset of the Industrial Revolution also led to growth of a middle class that wanted and could afford jewellery.
- The most ancient are nearly 4,000 years old while some are as recent as 300 BC.
- You’ll find fabulous women’s jewelry designs in 14K and 18K gold, sterling silver, stainless steel,